school chat #1: my class schedule [dietetic student] time management tips

hi guys!! today is my first ever school chat and i’m so excited to do more. if you want to know more about ANYTHING school related, please like this video and leave suggestions or questions in the comments below! can’t wait to see you again soon πŸ™‚

pls try some snack rounds: http://ozerybakery.com/ *
IG: https://www.instagram.com/ozerybakery/
FB: https://www.facebook.com/ozerybakery.pitabreak/

let’s connect β™‘
-instagram: @applesandamandas
-email: applesandamandas@gmail.com
-twitter: amandav1ctoria
-facebook: www.facebook.com/applesandamandas
-my Spotify playlist: https://goo.gl/60Rn7j

some of my favorites:
-audible: get a free audiobook + 30 day free trial www.audibletrial.com/applesandamandas
-iHerb: get 5% off your first iHerb order (no minimum purchase): https://iherb.co/3ynP3djr/
-ANI Brand barefoot vegan shoes: http://bit.ly/anibrand (if you use “AMANDA” $5 will be donated to Mercy for Animals)
-Healthy Human water bottle: hhl.life/amazon (APPAMA10 for 10% off)

Why Go Vegan? Watch these videos/documentaries:

www.engine2diet.com
www.veganbodybuilding.com

FAQ
What are you studying? Nutrition & Dietetics
What camera do you use? Canon Powershot G7X + Canon Vixia Mini X
What is your ethnicity? Filipino

an * denotes sponsorship, but all opinions are my own.

Reblogged 2 weeks ago from www.youtube.com

Comments

Meg Kaye says:

What is your vlogging channel?

Amos Presley says:

When you're hungry, you'll try to get full?

Sonja Ilmes says:

my school starts on monday and this gave me so much motivation! thanks for another great video <3

Katelyn says:

I graduated in May 2017 with my BS in food and nutrition! My version of your advanced nutrition class was called Experimental and functional food science. I loved it SO much and it’s ultimately what made me decide to pursue my PhD

Pandora Mondragon says:

Damn girl how many units is that? Its so interesting to see your curriculum compared to mine, it's so different. Anyway good luck with all the units you're taking hope you can still keep posting videos.

Anjoli Vanderkuur says:

You have youtube, I have varsity athletics. I find it extremely difficult to find time to volunteer. I am Canadian, therefore our schooling is a bit different and we are actually required to find and apply to our own dietetic internship which fill up very fast. We also need the internship to write our RD exam. Volunteering sets you apart for sure. I guess what I'm trying to ask is how do you balance all aspects of your life? I find that I am so tired at the end of the day that when I sit down to study my brain just isn't as elastic as it needs to be to actively study.

Anjoli Vanderkuur says:

Absolutely LOVE the school talks <3

royal almond says:

I study politics but when my parents aren't home this talks make me feel like I'm having lunch with a friend. Thanks πŸ™‚

Naomi Reiziger says:

I like the idea of weekly school check/ins, as I'm doing the same study in The Netherlands and am interested in the similarities and differences.

Haryon Red says:

would u like to go to med school after graduation?Β
I'm currently in med school in Italy and I remember u said u want to go to med school but maybe I'm wrong, just wondering anyway cause it would be so cool if we were study the same thing, I already relate to u in a lot of aspects ahah

What rabbits eat says:

I'm really enjoying you taking the time to talk about your schooling on your channel! Looking forward to more videos like this.

Ladan Mahgoub says:

Hey Amanda does that mean you did well on your finals? Cause I remember you being worried about not being able graduate on time.

Silvija Maciulyte says:

How much time are you planning to take off after graduation to study for the mcat and when are you planning to take it?

Vanessa Grace says:

I’m a junior in high school and it’s my dream to become a Registered Dietitian. I currently volunteer in my local hospital and will be transferred to the Nutrition unit. I’m also applying for an internship to shadow a Dietitian and will probably take Culinary at my school. What else should I do in order to get into a undergraduate Nutrition program? I have a 4.0 (all A’s) and planning to take the SAT. Any advice?

Raghad Gibreel says:

I love how passionate you are about your studies. Personally, I feel the same way but in the environmental aspect. I'm hoping to find sustainable ways to live that TRULY make an impact in saving our planet. Veganism is one of them so hopefully I can advocate for that too. I don't think you can be an environmentalist without being vegan

Philia Z says:

Love this series idea!
The "reward yourself with an air fryer or an instant pot… because that's what we do here" is actually so true I'm not even mad πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­

Sophie says:

How easy is it to transfer to a nutrition/dietetics program from a different major/program, or as an older student? Sorry I'm in my final year in high school but I applied to architecture programs, just curious!

Andrea Christina says:

Thanks for the study tips, Amanda! I admire your motivation to study! I'm currently in school and also starting to prepare for a big exam in the future as well! School always helped me with time management. I really enjoy these types of videos!

Jessalyn Wilson says:

Could you talk about the coordinated program in nutrition/dietetics and the benefits of that over a regular dietetics major? Also, are you working on your masters now or going to school for that after the RD exam? I'm in community college and trying to plan where I'm going for nutrition and dietetics and I love that I've found someone with that major! Love you sm!

TheVeganRD says:

Advanced nutrition was my FAV class πŸ™ŒπŸ» you are going to love it 😍 I also HATED management classes in school, but ended up in the management field. I didn’t like the professor butttttt I did discover my passion for child nutrition and working in schools.

Courtney FT says:

What helped me with my online classes is delegating an hour and a half to each class and doing them in the same place at the same time every day. Whether it be in the school library or at a coffee shop, I never did them at my home. It made me stay on top of it and since I did it at the same time, it felt like I HAD to go!

Courtney FT says:

Can’t find the vlog channel 😭😭

Carbs Are Happiness says:

When I'm more excited about your school schedule than my own πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 8 classes?!?! R.I.P. if that was me!! I LOVE how passionate you are about education! You're going to be a fantastic R.D.!!!

Jillian Rohlfs says:

SO excited about this series!

Write a comment